Non-UK Resident Travel Insurance
Non UK Resident Travel Insurancefor EEA residents and those who have already travelled
Able2Travel Travel Insurance is only available to you if you are a resident of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or British Forces Posted Overseas and if you have not yet departed on your trip. This means you need to be a resident of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Island, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands or British Forces Posted Overseas. Please see the Able2Travel policy wording for more details.
However, if you have already departed on your trip or you live in one of the following EEA countries; France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Germany, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal or the Republic of Ireland, then we can still offer you an alternative, great value Travel Insurance arranged by Voyager Insurance Services, who can provide Travel Insurance for EEA residents of the countries mentioned above.
Our EU and EEA resident Travel Insurance can provide ideal cover for you if:
- You are a resident of the EEA (as defined) and require Travel Insurance before you depart
- You are a resident of the UK or EEA (as defined), have already departed on your travels and are yet to purchase Travel Insurance (this includes UK residents)
EU Resident Travel Insurance Benefits Summary As Standard:
|Cancellation or Curtailment||Up to £10,000|
|Emergency Medical Expenses||Up to £10,000,000|
|Personal Accident||Up to £35,000|
|Missed Departure & Journey Disruption||Up to £1,000|
|Baggage Overall Limit||Up to £3,500|
Don’t forget other great benefits such as:
- Kids “Go Free” on family Single Trip policies
- Over 100+ Sporting Activities covered free, with options available to add cover for many more
- Simplified approach to medical screening with online screening available
- Includes holiday financial protection, including scheduled airline failure and timeshare cover as standard
- A range of Optional Extra covers available, such as Cruise Plus OptionGadget Cover Option, to customise your policy to meet your needs (these are listed below).
Optional Add-On Covers Available For EU Resident Travel Insurance
- Business Plus Insurance Option – Business travel is covered as standard, but this option extends existing cover for business-specific exposures such as business equipment or replacement staff
- One Way Trip Extended Cover (up to 31 days) Option – Extend the duration of your cover in your destination if you are taking a one way trip
- Golf Insurance Option – Extend your insurance to cover certain golfing essentials
- Wedding Insurance Option – Extend your insurance to cover certain wedding essentials
- Double Your Excesses Option – Reduce the overall policy cost, by doubling your excesses
- HolidayFromHellInsurance™ - Travel dispute professional fees if your travel or accommodation provider fails to deliver what they contracted
Please Note: Our Gadget Insurance Option is available to UK Residents, including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, ONLY
How can I apply for Non-UK Resident Travel Insurance with Voyager Insurance Services?
If you are a resident in any of the following countries, then we can provide Travel Insurance for you:
France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Germany, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal or the Republic of Ireland
Please note: ‘Resident’ is defined in the Voyager Travel Insurance policy wording as meaning ‘a person who permanently resides in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the European Economic Area (EEA) - as defined above - and is registered with a medical practitioner in their Home Country’.
Important Information for Customers with Serious Medical Conditions
The Money and Pensions service (MaPs) has developed a directory of specialist travel insurance to ensure customers with pre-existing medical conditions are easily able to obtain access to affordable travel insurance. If we are unable to help you and you are struggling to find medical cover that suits your needs, due to a serious medical condition, you may find a company that can help you through the MaPs travel insurance directory www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk or by calling 0800 138 7777 - Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.