4 Options available including:
Winter Sports Cover Option, Extended Carer Cover Option, Golf Travel Insurance, Gadget Cover Option...see all
Why Choose Able2Travel?
- Specialists in travel insurance for people with existing medical conditions
- Full Cover available for 1,000s of conditions
- Instant cover by telephone or quick and easy online screening in a few minutes
- Great value cover also available for you and everyone travelling with you
Over 80's Travel Insurance
Able2Travel Over 80's Travel Insurance
If you are over 80, travel insurance can sometimes be difficult to find. This can be due to some travel insurance companies not wanting to provide travel cover for those over 80s due to perceived higher risk of accidents or illness. For travellers who are over the age of 80, and still young at heart, Able2Travel over 80 travel insurance is here for you.
Why choose Able2Travel Travel Insurance for over 80?
Able2Travel Travel Insurance has over 15 years of experience in finding travel insurance cover for travellers over the age of 80 or those travellers with medical conditions.
So whether you are looking for travel insurance for high blood pressure, a heart condition or for another medical condition, you can be assured of receiving a fast, sensitive and competitively priced travel insurance solution that does not get in the way of your travel plans.
What Medical Conditions Has Able2Travel Travel Insurance Covered in the Past?
Able2Travel Travel Insurance has previously provided travel insurance cover for people who are over 80 and with a wide number of both common and severe medical and health conditions, including:
What does our Able2Travel Over 80s Travel Insurance Cover?
Our over 80’s travel insurance policies offer competitive protection for your trip including a wide range of policy benefits such as:
- Cancellation - up to £5,000
- Emergency Medical Expenses – up to £10 million
- Personal Baggage - up to £3,000
- Missed Departure & Connections - up to £1,000
- Personal Accident - up to £20,000
Additional Cover for your Medical Items
- Loss or Damage to Medical Aids – up to £1,000
- Loss or Damage to Prescribed Medications – up to £300
- Emergency Replacement of Prescribed Medications – up to £450
- Delayed Mobility Equipment & Medical Aids (per day) – up to £1,000 (£200)
Catastrophe & Travel Disruption Cover
- Extended Cancellation or Curtailment/Loss of Holiday – up to £3,000
- Extended Travel Delay and Abandonment – up to £3,000
- Catastrophe & Travel Disruption Cover related to pre-booked accommodation – up to £3,000
- Extended Missed Departure – up to £1,000
Additional Cover on your return Home following Hospitalisation Abroad
- Aftercare – Home Help or Nanny – up to £400
- Aftercare – UK Physiotherapy – up to £500
- Including – UK Medical Exam – up to £400
- Convalescence/Recuperation Holiday – up to £750
- Modification to your home – up to £750
- Kennel & Cattery Fees - Up to £250
- Hijack, Kidnap & Mugging Benefit (amount per 24 hours) - up to £1,500 (£75)
- End Supplier Failure - Up to £1,500
...And much more!
Click here to see the full Able2Travel Travel Insurance Table of Benefits.
What type of travel insurance policy can an Over 80s have?
Able2Travel Over 80s Travel Insurance is only available as a Single Trip cover. Under Able2Travel Single Trip policies, there are 3 levels of cover available, enabling you to pick a policy that is suited for your individual needs.
The policy features table below will help you understand the different features on Single Trip travel insurance policies depending on the level of cover that you choose.
Single Trip Policy Features
|Maximum age at date of departure||No Limit||No Limit||No Limit|
|Maximum period per Trip if aged 65 years or under||365 days||365 days||365 days|
|Maximum period per Trip if aged 66 to 79 years||45 days||45 days||45 days|
|Maximum period per Trip if aged 80 to 85 years in areas 1, 2 & 3 only||31 days||31 days||31 days|
|Maximum period per Trip if aged 86 years and over in areas 1, 2 & 3 only||23 days||23 days||23 days|
Please note: Unfortunately, there is no cover available for over 80s travellers who are travelling to Area 4 (all countries listed in Area 1, 2 and 3, and also including Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, and the United States of America). For more information, please refer to the policy wording.
How do I get an Over 80’s Travel Insurance Quote?
It’s quick and easy to get an Able2Travel Over 80’s Travel Insurance quote: just click the ‘Get a Quote’ button to get an over 80's travel insurance quote online, or if you prefer to speak with someone then you can call our travel insurance team direct on 01483 806 826.
All travel insurance for the over 80’s enquiries are dealt with on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the Able2Travel Travel Insurance policy, our travel insurance specialists have access to a wide range of travel insurance options and will assist you in finding you cover for all medical conditions.
The Able2Travel Travel Insurance policy is used whenever possible and a suitable alternative travel insurance policy may be offered for more serious health problems, so you can find the over 80's travel insurance cover you need with one call to Able2Travel Travel Insurance.
For an Over 80’s Travel Insurance quote, please call 01483 806 826or click the button below!
Additional Travel Insurance Policy Options For Seniors
Important Information for Customers with Serious Medical Conditions
MoneyHelper has developed a directory of specialist travel insurance to ensure customers with pre-existing medical conditions are easily able to obtain access to affordable travel insurance. If we are unable to help you and you are struggling to find medical cover that suits your needs, due to a serious medical condition, you may find a company that can help you through the MoneyHelper travel insurance directory www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en/everyday-money/insurance/travel-insurance-directory or by calling 0800 138 7777 - Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm.