Terms & Conditions
Able2Travel travel insurance has been developed by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd who are one of the leading travel specialists in the UK. This travel insurance offers great value for money for people with pre-existing medical conditions and over 50’s needing travel insurance and is backed by efficient claims and 24/7 emergency services.
Terms of General Insurance Business – Website Sales
Your attention is drawn to the following notes relating to the insurance you have arranged, or wish to arrange with us.
Who We Are
- Voyager Insurance Services Ltd trading as Able2Travel is an independent insurance intermediary and acts on your behalf in arranging your insurance. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our register number is 305814. We are permitted to arrange, advise on, deal as an agent of insurers and clients and assist in claims handling with respect to non-investment insurance policies. You can check these details on the FCA's website, http://www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768
Explanation of Service
- Our service includes providing you with information relating to the cover that we can arrange, arranging your insurance cover with insurers to meet your requirements, and helping you with any ongoing changes you have to make. As part of our service, we can also assist you with any claim you need to make.
- In arranging this insurance we deal with a single panel of insurers, details of which will be advised to you when we discuss your individual requirements prior to your commitment to proceed.
- We do not provide any advice or recommendation concerning the travel insurance you are arranging. We provide information and ask certain questions to narrow down the selection of products available to you, from which you can then make your own choice.
Your Duty to Give Information to Insurers
- Your insurance is based upon the information you provide to the Insurers when arranging or renewing the insurance or making any mid-term changes. You must ensure that all such information given is complete and accurate. Please take care to answer all questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge.
- You are responsible for all answers or statements that you make when arranging the insurance, on proposal forms, statements of fact, claim forms or other material documents and you should ensure these are full and accurate.
- If you do not answer the questions correctly at the start of the policy or fail to advise the insurers promptly of changes to the information you have given during the period of insurance, this may invalidate your insurance cover and could mean that part, or all, of a claim may not be paid.
- All personal information about you will be treated as private and confidential (even when you are no longer a customer), except where the disclosure is made at your request, with your consent, in relation to arranging your insurance or where we are required by law.
- Some or all of the information you supply to us in connection with your insurance will be held on computer and may be passed to insurers or other companies for underwriting and claims purposes.
- Under the current Data Protection legislation, you have a right of access to see personal information about you that is held in our records, whether electronically or manually. If you have any queries, please write to the Data Protection Officer at Voyager Insurance Services Ltd., 13-21 High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3DG.
- For more information please refer to our Privacy Notice which is available at www.able2travel.com/privacy-policy/
How to Claim
- Please refer to your policy summary or your policy document if you need to make a claim. You should contact the specified claims handlers as soon as possible. If in any doubt about whom to contact, please telephone us on 01483 806826.
Fees and Charges
- Alterations & cancellations – An administration fee of £15 may be charged for any alteration or any cancellation of a policy outside the initial 14 day 'cooling-off' period.
Protecting your money
- Prior to your premium being forwarded to the insurer, and for your protection, we hold premiums received as agent of your insurer and so your policy is treated as having been paid for, once you have paid us.
- We will do everything possible to ensure that you receive a high standard of service. If you are not satisfied with the service received please contact us. When you contact us please give us your name and contact telephone number. Please also quote your policy and/or claim number and the type of policy you hold.
Step one – Initiating your complaint
Does your complaint relate to:
A. The sale of your policy?
B. A claim on your policy?
If A, you need to contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd., 13-21 High Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 3DG.
Tel: 01483 806 680
Fax: 01483 569676.
We expect that the majority of complaints will be quickly and satisfactorily resolved at this stage, but if you are not satisfied, you can take the issue further.
Step two – If you remain dissatisfied
If you are still dissatisfied you may refer your case to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR.
Tel: 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567.
Fax: 0207 964 1001.
The FOS is an independent body that arbitrates on complaints about general insurance products and other financial services. It will only consider complaints after we have provided you with written confirmation that our internal complaints procedure has been final response in which to refer your complaints to the FOS. Referral to the FOS will not affect your right to take legal action.
If B, please refer to the complaints procedure shown in your policy.
Alternatively, in respect of online sales only
- The European Commission has set up an online platform where consumers in all EU countries can register a complaint. This can only be used for complaints about purchases made online. The Online Dispute Resolution service (ODR) directs your enquiry to our complaints procedure, where it will be handled in the usual way. It will also let you know that the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is the UK’s dispute resolution body for insurance. Should you need to escalate your complaint further, ODR will transmit your complaint to FOS after 30 days. Please note that this EU service facilitates contact only. It doesn’t provide any other complaints service. You can find this platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr
We are members of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available at http://www.fscs.org.uk or by telephoning 020 7892 7300.
Meeting your Demands and Needs for Insurance
The Travel Insurance policies that we offer suit the Demands and Needs of travellers, who are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure against the typical contingencies provided by a travel insurance such as cancellation or curtailment of the trip, unforeseeable emergency medical expenses or loss of or damage to personal property. Pre-existing medical conditions, as defined in the specific policy wordings, are excluded unless declared to, and accepted by, us in writing and any additional premium, if required, paid. All cover is subject to the limits, terms, conditions and exclusions specified in the policy wording and summary. We have not given you any specific or personal recommendation or advice to buy this insurance and you must decide from the information that we provide whether this policy meets your particular demands and needs.