IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ABLE2TRAVEL TRAVEL INSURANCE & COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS
This policy will ONLY provide cover for claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic, including but not limited to Coronavirus (Covid-19) within the following sections:
Section 1 – Cancellation or Curtailment/loss of holiday
Section 2 – Emergency Medical Expenses & Repatriation
Please click read more and read the important information below.Read more
Please be aware that the coverage provided under Section 1 – Cancellation or Curtailment/loss of holiday, applies if it is necessary and unavoidable to cancel your planned trip because an insured person named on the policy certificate either:
- tests positive for Coronavirus (Covid-19) and it is within 14 days of your trip departure date, or
- is admitted to hospital due to testing positive for Coronavirus (Covid-19) after the purchase of this policy.
Section 1 – Cancellation or Curtailment/loss of holiday does not provide cover for any claim relating to coronavirus (Covid-19):
- If you do not have an official positive test result confirming your diagnosis within 14 days of your trip departure date, or you have not been admitted into hospital due to testing positive for Coronavirus (Covid-19) since you purchased your policy;
- If you have to quarantine/ self-isolate which prevents you from travelling as planned;
- As a result of local government restrictions or directives prohibiting or restricting entry (for example self-isolation, quarantine or lockdown measures) to your intended destination or on your return home;
- If a medical professional advises you not to travel as you have underlying health conditions that place you “at a higher risk” from Coronavirus (Covid-19);
- For the costs of any Coronavirus (Covid-19) testing
There is no cover under ALL other sections of cover for any claims directly or indirectly related to a pandemic and/or epidemic including but not limited to Coronavirus (Covid-19).
For full details, please see your policy wording.
PLEASE REMEMBER: It is essential that you check the latest advice outlined by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice before departure. Our policies will NOT provide cover under any section of the policy if you travel to a country or specific area, where prior to travel, the FCDO are advising against all (or all but essential) travel.
We can provide Travel Insurance where the FCDO is advising against All Travel or All but Essential Travel with our High Risk Voyager product.